Monday, June 08, 2009

Tattooed Chef and the dinner stimulus plan



This is a wonderfully delectable creation i invented last night.
Being a single man tends to make me pretty inventive with my choice of dinners, and since cooking seems to be the only thing that relaxes me, I have since become quite the at-home Chef. Most of my inventions are simply combination's or variations of traditional dishes. This one was by far the most delectable, cheap, and simple of my creations to date. First I took the classic Alfredo sauce and i deleted parsley, since it really doesn't taste like anything and its primary usage is for color.

I used
1 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup butter

1 1/2 cup Asiago, Parmesan, and Pecorino cheese

my variation was to add half a brick of New York Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
and roughly 1 tablespoon of garlic. I melted the butter in a medium sized sauce pan and then added the garlic, after browning up the garlic for roughly a minute i added the heavy cream. Simmering for about thirty seconds I threw in the cheese, took the mixture up to a boil, then backed off to a simmer. Simultaneously on a skillet I used

3 tbsp Olive Oil

1 tbsp Garlic

1 Broccoli Flower

1 Red Pepper

1/2 lb Chicken

Heating up the oil until right before it smokes, I threw in the garlic. Heating up the garlic until it browns I tossed the broccoli and red pepper in and cooked until thoroughly heated. Then comes the pasta. Bringing water to a boil, I put in half pound of ziti, and let er rip. After the veggies cooked for a little I took them off the heat and put them on a hot plate so they stayed warm. Now its time for Los Gallos (the chicken in Spanish). I cut the chicken up into little pieces and grilled it in the oil and garlic leftovers from the vegetables. Once the ziti was done I strained it and added it to the veggies on the plate, and poured the sauce over the veggies, and pasta. Once the chicken was thoroughly cooked I added it and Voila Donezo!

This meal with its buttery cream, and cheesy sauce as well as the Chicken was best friends with a nicely oaked California Chardonnay. Keeping in the spirit on inexpensivness (I made that word up), I chose a beautifully integrated inexpensive Smith-Madrone Chardonnay. On the nose, it presents a fantastic bouquet of fresh cut apple and citrus. It spends 11 months in oak, and shows that wonderful graham crackery (another made up word) taste on the palate, hints of vanilla and the citrus of apricot and granny smith apples adds the right amount of acid, and a perfect mouth-feel to this wine. The finish is substantially longer than sixty seconds, and the fruit, acid, and oak are in perfect harmony throughout the finish.
For dessert I smoked an Ashton Connecticut shade wrapped 8-9-8 as an even better compliment to my food and wine. Its rich and buttery tastes, and a smooth, even, cool burning draw and medium body pairs itself nicely considering it has a lot of flavor but it is not too pungent to over-shadow either the food or the wine. Fuente uses a 3-5 year old aged blend of tobacco's, and the wrapper leaf is considered to be the best in the world

At the end of the day I spent under 20 dollars on the food (including Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia, and leftovers). The Smith-Madrone was way undervalued for 30 dollars. And I spent about 9 on the Ashton for dessert. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment